[Zope3-dev] ZEO test failing under Cygwin

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha@swing.be
Mon, 05 May 2003 18:28:59 +0200

Tim Peters wrote:
> [Godefroid Chapelle]
>
>>just wanted to tell ZEO people that running the full Z3 test suite
>>results in the process getting stuck after the following traceback :
>>

>>1009/3918 ( 25.8%): testZEOStorage
>>(...orage.tests.test_config.StorageTestCase)
>> Exception in thread Connect([(2, ('www.python.org', 9001))]):
>>Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/tmp/python.676/usr/lib/python2.2/threading.py", line 408, in
>>__bootstrap
>>     self.run()
>>   File "/cygdrive/c/Zope3Head/Zope3/src/zodb/zeo/zrpc/client.py", line
>>286, in run
>>     success = self.try_connecting(attempt_timeout)
>>   File "/cygdrive/c/Zope3Head/Zope3/src/zodb/zeo/zrpc/client.py", line
>>314, in try_connecting
>>     r = self._connect_wrappers(wrappers, deadline)
>>   File "/cygdrive/c/Zope3Head/Zope3/src/zodb/zeo/zrpc/client.py", line
>>382, in _connect_wrappers
>>     del wrappers[wrap]
>>KeyError: <zodb.zeo.zrpc.client.ConnectWrapper instance at 0xa552b70>
>>

>>What looks interesting to my naive eyes is that the bug looks to be
>>fired in the code generated and situated in a temporary file.
>

> I'm unclear on what that means.  _connect_wrappers() is a method of
> ConnectionManager, in zodb/zeo/zrpc.client.py.  I don't see any reference to
> a temp file in the traceback above.

I am maybe wrong because not knowing the threading mechanism enough but
I see

File "/tmp/python.676/usr/lib/python2.2/threading.py", line 408,

in the traceback above.

>>This makes me feel it is too hard to debug myself and better to tell
>>the community ;-)
>

> Logging info would probably help.  Staring at the source for
> _connect_wrappers, I'd *expect* to see a KeyError here if some socket
> appeared in both the w and x sets returned by the select:
>
>                 r, w, x = select.select([], connecting, connecting, 1.0)
>
> I don't think a thing should appear in both w and x, but don't know that for
> sure.  Logging info would help most.

Can you tell me what options or setup are needed so that I can send you
logging info ? Thanks.

--
Godefroid Chapelle

BubbleNet sprl