[Zope3-dev] zope 3 sprint before EuroPython?

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Mon, 5 May 2003 21:15:11 +0200

Gregoire Weber wrote:
> if nobody gets found, I'll volunteering in helping organizing
> the zope3 sprint.

Great! And also great, Godefroid! You're now both official volunteers,
so I will assume you'll work it all out. :)

Now on to Gregoire's comments and questions:

> As I don't have the financial background inviting payed*) coaches
> I'm not sure if I would be the right person to do that.

I don't think we'll be dealing with paid coaches this sprint; Jim
indicated to me he wasn't going to attend EuroPython unfortunately.
I don't know yet about Guido's status, but the PyPy people have a previous
claim on him, and still he'd need to be paid if he's going to participate
in our sprint.

This is not a big problem; I'll be there and I can fake being a Zope 3 coach
well enough to at least get started. I hope some others will be able to make
it to the sprint too -- if Steve Alexander for instance could make it, or some
of the Lithuanians, they could do a far better job coaching than I could. We'll
figure it out.

> What I need to do that is:
>
>   - Jim: Some kind of support from somebody at Zope Corp. that this
>     would make sense (I hope so). Perhaps some help if necessary in
>     setting the agenda (what to work on).

See previous question. Of course if Jim could pull a miracle out of his
hat then that's wonderful, but let's go on the assumption Zope corporation
is not directly involved in this one.

>   - Zope3 masters: Some community support doing technical coaching
>     work during the sprint as Martijn has offered, if Zope Corp
>     can not do that.

Right. We need more people stepping in volunteering for coaching. We'll
just hope nobody replied yet as they were worried I'd volunteer them
for the full organization if they did. Now that we have volunteers,
don't worry, and step forward! :)

[snip]
>   - Martijn: Your help establishing contact to the 'python in python'
>     sprint responsible(s).

I mailed you and Godefroid privately and also informed Laura that things
are in progress here.

>   - Martjin: Your support so I can ask all the silly questions what's
>     necessary to organize a goog sprint.

Of course my evil twin Martjin will take care of any questiosn you may
have. :)

Seriously, of course I'll be helping to answer questions.

> Some decisions have to be taken before the 11 of mai
> as I have to go to swiss military service from 12 to 23 of mai
> where I don't have garanteed e-mail connection :-(.

A wonderful deadline to get the first bits going! And nobody can blame
you for being a cruel taskmaster Gregoire, as it'll be the Swiss
military that did it! :)

Regards,

Martijn