[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Tests on Linux and Windows

Tim Peters tim@zope.com
Wed, 7 May 2003 11:00:56 -0400

[Tim, sez the Zope3 tests don't hang for Tim, Win2K Python 2.2.2]

[Chris Withers]
> Can you try running the suite and then running it again straight away.

I will, but have done so often before without problem (I usually run the
tests with 2.2.2, and then again with 2.3 CVS).

> Given that I reset both boxes yesterday and the tests ran fine
> last night, I'm, wondering if the tests are leaving some processes
> lying around...

On Windows, bring up Task Manager and look for processes named python.  When
a Python process does get left behind by the tests (I've seen that often in
the past after a ZEO test went wrong), you'll find at least one python
process still running after the test run completes or is killed.  If you
don't see a Python process in Task Manager, the tests did not leave a
process lying around (the tests only spawn new instances of Python on
Windows, to set up client/server tests).