[ham] Re: [Zope3-dev] personal conceptual questions

Marcus J. Ertl Marcus J. Ertl" <marcus.ertl@larp-welt.de
Wed, 07 May 2003 19:50:22 +0200

On Wed, 7 May 2003 09:24:04 -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:

Hi!

>what's wrong with building indexes?

Nothing!

>sure, building an index the first
>time is slow, but after that you can get the catalog to keep itself
>up to date

They told me nothing about catalogs, the gave me as hint, I should use
btrees to store the information I need, and hold it up to date by using
events!

This way, I had to construct a btrees for each "type of search" I want
to do...

That's at all not terrible hard to do, but I'm shure, something like
finding objects is that important, tha a programmer of applications
shouldn't take care about. Zope should provide him with an easy way to
do it!

>results = context.SomeCatalog(owner='myself', workflow_state='pending',
>                              sort_on = 'bobobase_modification_time')

If it would be realy that easy, I take back my mail, and start using
it!

Bye
   Marcus

--