[Zope3-dev] Question: Are principals (sometimes aka users) content or meta-content?

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Thu, 08 May 2003 11:12:21 -0400

At 07:27 AM 5/8/03 -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
>Another way to look at this is
>that, perhaps, users/members are content and principals are associated with
>users. Users are content and (for some principals) you can get a user from a
>principal.

This is closest to my view.  In my way of looking at it, principal is just
an interface that a user or "member" object may implement or be adaptable
to.  If the principal interface is implemented by an adapter, it should be
able to adapt "back" to the underlying object as well, so that application
code can access the user (which may contain privileges or preferences info
that the application needs access to.)