[Zope3-dev] Re: Python scripts?

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Mon, 12 May 2003 11:13:17 -0400

Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 10:24:54AM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>>- Port Zope 2 Python scripts
>>
>>  * without the bindings tab
>>
>>  * without context, script, namespace, and subpath variables.
>>    (not sure about script)
>

> why do we lose context  and subpath?
> are these no longer useful when implicit acquisition goes away?

We lose context because context is about reusing the code for different
instances. That is context is to support method-like behavior. When you
start doing that, you are no longer scripting active content. You should
switch to being a developer and create components.

Subpath is a pretty advanced feature. Is it really something a scripter
needs?  I don't think it's described in the Zope book.

Jim