[Zope3-dev] Catalog only depeding on ZODB

Marcus J. Ertl marcus.ertl@larp-welt.de
Tue, 27 May 2003 09:00:28 +0200

On Mon, 26 May 2003 15:18:57 +0300, Steve Alexander wrote:

Hi!

>Many of the underlying indexes that you will be able to use with the
>Zope 3 cataloguing facilities will store their data in the ZODB. And,
>you will be able to use these indexes in ZODB applications independently

Where may I find some information about this indexes? Which are easy to
use and performant?

I've tried to use IndexedCatalog with Zope3 and failed. At the moment,
I#m using a very hacked and cribbled version of IndexedCatalog in my
product, but getting some problems with indexing all the "attributes"
provided by Adapters. For a good performance, I have to cache them all
in my index.

I'm not glad with this solution at all. I'm just started thinking about
building up indexes in postgreSQL for performance and for powerful
queries.

Is there some work ongoing on indexes in Zope3? Is there a way a
low-knowledge-and-code-stealing-hobby-programmer like me may help on
this issue?

Bye
   Marcus