[Zope3-dev] Adaptergeddon status and milestone plans

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at awkly.org
Thu Nov 13 14:52:19 EST 2003

|   Here's what still needs to be done:
|
|   - Local view and adapter services
|
|   - Add support for mult-adapters and multi-views (views of multiple
|     objects) to the component architecture APIs.

I was thinking of adding composite views (a view composed by multiple
small views). Is this the same as a multi-view, or a completely separate thing?

|   - Change view registrations and use by bogus view names
|     (e.g. _traverse) to use provided interfaces rather than bogus
|     names.

Same to 'absolute_url'?

| Next milestone
|
|   My plan for the next milestone was to release it after
|   ComponentArchitectureSimplification was done.  I originally thought
|   that would be November 1. It is not quite a bit later than that and
|   there's still a lot to do.
|
|   I'm considering two possibilities:
|
|   1. Release a milestone shortly after I merge the major adaptergeddon
|      changes into the CVS head. I'm guessing that this will be around
|      Monday.

+1

|   2. Hold off on the milestone until
|      ComponentArchitectureSimplification is done. I suspect that that
|      will add a week or two.

-1. *If* it takes more than two weeks it would be too long.

|   My sense is that it's been too long since the last miletone release
|   and that we should get the next one out sooner, rather than later.
|
|   I'd still like to do another milestone release in December.  I'm
|   going to be in Bangalore India from Dec 2 through the 21st. I was
|   hoping to do that milestone before I left, but I think it will be
|   more realistic to make the release while I'm there.

That would be around mid-december then? Sounds good to me.

--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true

The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much.