[Zope3-dev] Would anyone mind having to toss their Zope 3 database?

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at awkly.org
Tue Nov 18 15:33:11 EST 2003

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 11:39:15AM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
| If anyone does mind, that's fine, but then I'll provide a warning before the
| merge and provide a couple of days for people to test the adaptergeddon
| branch
| against their data.
|
| Before merging the parentgeddon branch, I suggested that people try it out
| with their data to make sure my efforts to convert old data were sucessful.
| Did anyone take me up on the offer?

Well, it worked relativelly well that time except for some glitches
which I couldn't reproduce. Anyway, the data was not that important
and I ended thrwoing the db away.

| We need a better framework or toolset for migrating data after
| refactoring. Unfortunately, developing that hasn't been a high priority
| (yet).  Maybe it should be.
|
| I'm curious.  Is current data valuable enough that we should delay other
| Zope 3 work to get a data migration system in place?  Or is it better to
| work on core architecture and features now.

In the projects I'm working on the only persistent things I have are
the local Utilities and Interface services, and some Persistent
Schema. I also have some local services of my own, but they are
'recyclable' afaict.

--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true