[Zope3-dev] Re: Adaptergeddon status and milestone plans

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Fri Nov 21 16:18:21 EST 2003

[Jim Fulton]
> One other thing I should have mentioned:
>
> There is a bug in Python 3.2 that will cause Zope 3 to occasionally
> segfault on exit.

You mean 2.3.2.  The bug has been there since weakrefs were introduced, but
Zope3 didn't provoke it before.  Indeed, nothing did <wink>.  Those who
don't already know it should be amused to hear that Thomas Heller stumbled
into a distinct always-been-there segfaulting bug due to weakrefs too, one
day after Jim stumbled into the other always-been-there bug.  Both bugs have
been fixed in CVS Python.

> You should not be worried by this. It will go away
> in Python 2.3.3, which I hope Anthony^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hsomebody will
> release soon.

Over on Python-Dev, we all seem to be agreed that 2.3.3 will get released
before Christmas.  The haggling right now is over whether it will get
released the week before Christmas, or the week before that.  A release
candidate will get released first, at least one week before 2.3.3 final.

The other focus for 2.3.3 is improved autoconfig on "oddball" platforms.
Lots of people on minority platforms didn't bother to test any 2.3
pre-releases, so we didn't hear about their problems until after the final
release.