[Zope3-dev] nextURL for schema edit view

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Wed Oct 1 16:01:22 EDT 2003

I propose that we add a 'nextURL' option to the schema edit view. If
this were specified, the form would redirect to the specified URL on
submit, providing there were no errors.

IIRC, the issue tracker redirects to the issue summary view when the
edit form is submitted. That's as good a use case as any.

I see this being implemented through a new 'nextURL' attribute of the
'browser:editform' directive. Here's an example:

   <editform
     name="edit.html"
     for="IFoo"
     schema="IFoo"
     nextURL="../index.html"
     permission="zope.ManageContent" />

The choice of 'nextURL' follows the pattern used by the add view.

Thoughts, comments?

  -- Garrett