[Zope3-dev] security and adapters

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Oct 6 16:15:39 EDT 2003

At 02:02 PM 10/6/03 -0500, Garrett Smith wrote:
>zapi.getAdapter is returning non-security-proxied objects, which can be
>used to bypass security for an object.
>
>Shouldn't adapters be proxied?

I might be a bit out of my depth here, but wouldn't that only give you
access to the adapter?  I mean, if you adapt a proxied object, it's still
proxied, right?

Now, if you can access the adapter's methods' im_func.func_globals, and
thus get to unprotected builtins, that would certainly be a problem for
code running in restricted mode.  But I thought the restricted mode
prevented access to such things?