[Zope3-dev] Re: zopeproducts, yet again

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey at cuemedia.com
Mon Oct 13 16:47:29 EDT 2003

On Monday, October 13, 2003, at 05:14  AM, Philipp von Weitershausen
wrote:

> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Jeffrey P Shell wrote:
>> [snip Jeffrey's continuing war against zopeproducts :)]
>>> Are there configuration options to add extra paths that
>>> 'products.zcml' (or ZCML in general) will look in to load new
>>> software packages?  Primarily - I want to keep my development and
>>> Zope 3's development far away from each other on my file system.
>> That would indeed be nice, and very useful for the Rheinland Zope 3
>> sprint
>> the beginning of december, which is focused on Zope 3 product
>> development.
>
> The <include package="" /> directive, which is not only used in
> products.zcml by the way, goes by standard python module lookup. Thus,
> Jeffrey, put your products wherever you want them to be. Just make
> sure that path is in your PYTHONPATH.

Is there a way to add to that path just to run Zope?  Zope 2.7's
ZConfig setup includes the 'products' directive:

# Directive: products
#
#
#     Name of a directory that contains additional Product packages.
This
#     directive may be used as many times as needed to add additional
#     collections of products.  Each directory identified will be
#     added to the __path__ of the Products package.  All Products are
#     initialized in ascending alphabetical order by product name.  If
#     two products with the same name exist in two Products directories,
#     the order in which the packages appear here defines the load
#     order.  The master Products directory exists in Zope's software
home,
#     and cannot be removed from the products path (and should not be
added
#     to it here).
#
# Default: $INSTANCE/Products
#
# Example:
#
#    products /home/chrism/projects/myproducts