[Zope3-dev] Re: setting modified on create

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fred at zope.com
Thu Oct 23 00:16:34 EDT 2003

Shane Hathaway writes:
 > This is just a minor thing, I know, but why do you need that indication?
 > I've never had any use for the creation time on filesystems; have you?

It's not a big thing, and I'd not use the word "need", but "want".  I
like to know if I'm looking at a pile of things that have been
maintained, and knowing that some subset of the objects in a folder
have been modified since creation gives me the warm-n-fuzy that
someone may have actually paid attention to them, or at least at the
objects that cause these to be updated.

It may be that this isn't so generally valuable, but it feels
desirable to me.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>