[Zope3-dev] browser:page (was re: scripter/designer concerns)

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey at cuemedia.com
Mon Sep 8 10:14:21 EDT 2003

On Monday, September 8, 2003, at 08:20  AM, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Jeffrey P Shell wrote:
>> And, as an aside, why are widgets declared with the browser:page
>> element?
>
> Widgets are just views on schema fields. Confusing is of course that
> views normally in Zope 3 as it stands tend to be whole pages, and
> widgets are always *parts* of another view.

I also noticed that <browser:page> is being used to assign new
traversal objects, with a name of "_traverse".  That also seems to go
against some of what I expected of Zope 3 - less magic names.
Shouldn't that be registering a view/adapter for some IBrowserTraversal
interface instead of registering a 'page' for '_traverse'?