[Zope3-dev] Re: Z3 schemas and validation?

Martijn Faassen faassen at vet.uu.nl
Tue Sep 9 18:43:41 EDT 2003

Jeffrey P Shell wrote:
> I like the 'validate_all' approach personally.  But I appreciate there
> are both options.

Yeah, I added both but I only find myself using validate_all. :)

You can make a 'bail out on first error' case though for performance
reasons. Not very useful for forms validation cases, I guess, so not
too useful in Formulator. I can imagine it being useful in a non-UI
environment when you're only interested in validity itself, not why
it's not valid. The 'bail out right away' variety would perform better
in that case.

Regards,

Martijn