[Zope3-dev] Container interface issues

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Thu Sep 11 01:19:00 EDT 2003

>>> Shane Hathaway wrote
> Even so, it doesn't feel right to make containers generate the events.
> They don't have enough information to know why an object is being added
> or removed.

Very true.

> I wonder if there's some kind of "structure management" layer lurking
> here.  It looms somewhere between the application and the database.  It
> smells like RDBMS triggers and relational integrity.

About the smell - maybe you trod in some and tracked it into the room <wink>

Yeah, I think this is heading in the right sort of direction - Jim's
comment about using zapi.add to make sure it does the right thing is
probably also a possibility - we should flag (strongly) in the docs
that if you _don't_ use this particular call but instead do it yourself,
then you are also responsible for doing a, b, and c.

Anthony