[Zope3-dev] Re: Container interface issues

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Wed Sep 10 11:45:43 EDT 2003

Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> Garrett Smith writes:
>  > I personally would not be comfortable with zapi.add because of its
>  > opacity.
>
> One of the specific advantages of zapi.add() would be that the
> adaptation is handled by the API; it saves writing the more complex
> invocation each time.
>

>   -Fred

If developers are adding things to containers this way, my guess is that
they're well on their way to working with specific interfaces and using
adapters.

This is probably a matter of personal preference, but I'm much happier
with the explicit use of adapted objects because it tells me exactly
what's going on.

Btw, what about the other methods: remove, move?, others? With all of
Zope 3's support for explicit interfaces, do we really want to lump all
of this into zapi?

  -- Garrett