[Zope3-dev] Schema & Vocabulary Fields

Roché Compaan roche at upfrontsystems.co.za
Wed Sep 10 18:54:54 EDT 2003

* Gary Poster <gary at zope.com> [2003-09-10 16:57]:

> Nope, not yet: ZC has such a thing for our Zope 2 work, based heavily on
> Fred's complex sample.  One of us (us including the community) needs to
> use that code to produce such a widget for Zope 3.  Then it will exist.

If you point me to the Zope 2 code and I can have a go at it.

> So: glass is half empty--the widgets don't exist yet, and complex
> vocabulary bases don't exist yet.  Glass is half full--the real meat of
> one approach to such a widget is waiting for someone with time and
> interest to hook it up.  ZC will probably get around to it, if no one
> else has, after we start working on commercial projects with Zope 3.
>
> And dynamic vocabularies are really pleasantly easy to write, once you
> sit down to do it.
>
> Zope X3: work in progress, with potential to spare.  ;-)

Sure :-) I've been watching the schema and widgets framework for a long
time now but haven't actually sat down to write code based on it. At the
moment I am investigating how and if our Zope2 products will live on in
Zope3. I must say that I am very impressed with the forms framework from
what I've seen so far, so well done to everybody that contributed to it.

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                 http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za