[Zope3-dev] rendering hours in a 12 hour clock

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Tue Sep 23 21:07:02 EDT 2003

I'm holding off on a commit that I think is correct, but I want to get
some feedback.

The formatting conversion %h used with IDateTimeFormat is documented as
follows:

   Symbol Meaning               Presentation      Example
   h      hour in am/pm (1~12)  (Number)          12

The current code will format %h from '0' to 11'. In 12 hour format, noon
would be formatted as:

   00:00 PM

Based on the documentation and convention (at least in my experience),
12 hour format noon should be:

   12:00 PM

Note that I'm talking about a 12 hour time (common in US), not 24 hour,
which certainly does begin with '00'.

Barring any objections, I'd like to make this change.

  -- Garrett