[Zope3-dev] Re: small proposed widget change

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Thu Sep 25 16:38:44 EDT 2003

Gary Poster wrote:
> I would like to add an "error" method to IBrowserWidget, as described
> below.  The purpose is to be able to avoid using the "row" method, and
> use "label", "__call__", and the new "error" to render widgets in page
> templates.

(repost)

This looks good.

In the same spirit, is there a way to get at the field's info such as
'required' and 'description' so that the template can determine how
these are rendered?

Here are some items that I think should be handled by the skin, not hard
coded by the widgets:

- field label
- field description (currently hardcoded as a tooltip)
- whether or not the field is required
- error messages (as you've noted)
- ??? more here ???

Thoughts on this?