[Zope3-dev] zodb error associated with ContainedProxy

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Thu Sep 25 19:05:50 EDT 2003

I'm not sure if this is something I'm doing or not. I'm getting the
following error when accessing an object in the zodb:

------
2003-09-25T17:48:19 ERROR zodb Couldn't load state for
'\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00i'
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/cygdrive/c/SCM/external/zope/Zope3/src/zodb/connection.py",
line 190, in setstate
     self._reader.setGhostState(obj, p)
   File "/cygdrive/c/SCM/external/zope/Zope3/src/zodb/serialize.py",
line 244, in setGhostState
     state = self.getState(pickle)
   File "/cygdrive/c/SCM/external/zope/Zope3/src/zodb/serialize.py",
line 240, in getState
     state = unpickler.load()
   File "/cygdrive/c/SCM/external/zope/Zope3/src/zodb/serialize.py",
line 279, in _persistent_load
     obj = self._new_object(*classmeta)
   File "/cygdrive/c/SCM/external/zope/Zope3/src/zodb/serialize.py",
line 221, in _new_object
     obj = klass.__new__(klass)
TypeError: __new__ expected 1 arguments, got 0

The value for klass is zope.app.container.contained.ContainedProxy, thus
the post.

I'm not intending to store ContainedProxies, so I'll be looking for
what's not extending Contained and fix it. I'm posting it here on the
outside chance someone else can use it to spot a problem.

I'm not quite done refactoring for containgeddon, so this could *easily*
be my problem.

  -- Garrett