[Zope3-dev] mini howto and discussion: Zope 2 and Zope 3

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Apr 1 09:21:12 EST 2004

Gary Poster wrote:
> (this is not an april fool's :-)
>
> tav wrote (hey tav) me an email asking about the Zope 2/Zope 3
> integration stuff we have.  I'm swamped, especially this week, but I
> (and ZC) have wanted to get this out, so here's a big chunk of info.
> It's a start, at least.
>
> I'll give an overview of what you need to do to get started, what we
> haven't released yet, and why IMO you shouldn't mess with this except as
> a curiosity yet.

Thanks for this info, Gary. I've been looking into including at least
Zope 3's interfaces and adapters in Zope 2, but I had trouble getting
the wrapper Interface package to work. With these instructions I hope I
can manage to set them up.

I guess for my purposes Zope 2.8 would be better suited. Since I'm
looking to go into production relatively soon, Zope 2.7 would be better,
and it's actually possible to use Zope 3 interfaces in Zope 2.7 without
the wrapper Interface package if Zope 3 interfaces are shared to avoid
using the __implements__ attribute. Since this is private now, it's easy
enough to change this.

Regards,

Martijn