[Zope3-dev] Re: Mini proposal: simpify presentation-lookup api

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Apr 1 14:57:49 EST 2004

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Jim,

>>> I distinctly remember you ruling explicitness in names (even if it
>>> means long names) over short names. This is a case where I agree with
>>> this policy of yours :)
>>

>> Great, but we haven't proved that there aren't short names that are
>> meaningful.
>

> Ok. I'm not going to prove that one, 'cause I'm fine with Presentation.

Doh, "view".  If we get rid of "resource".

So then we have getView and queryView, but we allow views of no objects
and drop the whole resource term.  The problem with this is that we'd have to
go through some extra deprecation hacks to gracefully migrate from old to new
getView/queryView signatures.

So, I propose we use the term "view" and let it encompass the things formerly
known as resources.