[Zope3-dev] role (contextual) services?l

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sun Apr 4 08:29:48 EDT 2004

On Friday 02 April 2004 19:32, Roger Ineichen wrote:
> What do you think about to let,
> in a site, for each role, register a (adapter, menu, presentation ...)
> service?

I'll give you a tentative pronouncement: no way!

> This role (contextual) services can serv different
> adaperts, views etc for different roles.
>
> This way we could build role (contextual) sites
> which look different for each role.
>
> And a nice side effect could be, it could reduce
> the permission settings, because you know which role
> is accessing a view which is served from a role (contextual)
> service.

The component architecture in Zope 3 has nothing to do with security. In fact,
the CA is on a lower level than security, since security depends on the CA.

BTW, if you want different looking sites for different roles, I guess you
could implement some default skin or new URL namespace that picks a skin
based on a user's permission. The plugability of Zope 3 should make this
possible.

Regards,
Stephan
--