[Zope3-dev] action and @@SelectedManagementView.html

Roger Ineichen r.ineichen at projekt01.ch
Sun Apr 4 20:26:50 EDT 2004

Hi

I use a menuItem  title="<<back" with a action="../contents.html"
as a first defined action and a second action like edit.html.

The second view is a editform name="edit.html" this is the defaultView.

Now the menuItem  "<< back" isn't accessible because
it redirects me back on the fly.

Exactly ist does work if I don't call the object over
the view "@@SelectedManagementView.html" This view seems
not to be happy with this action and redirects.

Is there a check for the action if this view exist?
Does this check a little bit to much an calls the
URL which redirects me directly back before I get to
the edit.html?

When yes:
Is there a way for to enable/disable this check.
Can we enhance the meta directive with a flag
for to use views with actions where not pass checks?

This could also give a way for to use actions like
Javascript:alert('Whould be nice').

Example:

<menuItem
    menu="zmi_views"
    for="tiks.base.property.interfaces.IStringProperty"
    permission="zope.ManageContent"
    title="&lt;&lt;Back" action="../contents.html"
    />
<editform
    name="edit.html"
    label="Edit String Property"
    for="tiks.base.property.interfaces.IStringProperty"
    schema="tiks.base.property.interfaces.IStringProperty"
    permission="zope.ManageContent"
    fields="data mydata description readonly overrideable"
    template="skins/edit.pt"
    menu="zmi_views" title="Edit"
    />
<defaultView
    for="tiks.base.property.interfaces.IBaseProperty"
    name="edit.html"
    />

Regards
Roger