[Zope3-dev] Re: role (contextual) services?l

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Apr 5 13:38:02 EDT 2004

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

> Out of the box, no. But I'm sure someone will someday provide a security
> policy + principal source that does give us groups. Maybe in addition to
> roles, maybe instead or maybe both. Any takers? *wink*

There was a convincing argument made on this list a while back that
it is better *not* to think of groups as principals.  I suggest that
we adopt this point of view. (I just updated the glossary entry. :)
Then groups would be an artifact only of a particular security policy,
independent of authentication service implementations.