[Zope3-dev] Re: role (contextual) services?l

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Tue Apr 6 05:09:34 EDT 2004

Since the discussion has tirned to groups, I would like to revive this
proposal, which brings u[p many of the topics discussed here.

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/AccessContr
olProposal
(If that URL is to long, klick here:  http://tinyurl.com/ys8yb)

I'm sorry I don't have time to do this myself, yet.
If you don't like or understand the workgroups concept, ignore it. :-)

I would also like to propose NOT encouraging people to replace the security
model, but make sure it is extensible instead, like PluggableUserFolder for
Zope2. This is so the ability to add functionality like blocking role
acquisition shouldn't require a replacement of the entire security model.
As I understand it, this is the case for the most part (at least it
looks like that from the code and configuration files). I haven't verified
that you can use multiple adapters at once for the different parts, but
otherwise it seems all to be there (except groups, then).