[Zope3-dev] newbie question

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Apr 8 06:47:52 EDT 2004

On Thursday 08 April 2004 06:34, Eckart Hertzler wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I am a newbie to zope and zope3.

Welcome.

The tutorial (http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/ProgrammerTutorial) is written by Jim,
I wrote most of the book (http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/DevelCookbook).

> I want to create an interface for a content object. I noticed everyone is
> putting all interface definitions in an interfaces.py file.
>
> The coding guide however says :
>
> ----------- snip ----------
> Defining Interfaces
>
> There should be one interface per file and the file should have the same
> name as the interface.
>
> ---------------------------
>
> This doesn't match with all the interfaces.py files ?
> Ist the coding style of of date ?

Oops, we must have missed updating this part. All public interfaces should go
to interfaces.py. With public I mean interfaces you expect to be implemented
multiple times. Interfaces that will be only implemented once, can live in
the same module as their implementation.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter