[Zope3-dev] Re: absolute_url vs IAbsoluteURL

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Apr 8 16:45:48 EDT 2004

Garrett Smith wrote:
> The views are not currently registered as providing IAbsoluteURL -- I'll
> add that, presuming it's desirable.

Garret,

when we changed all named views to interface providing views, I also
tried to make absolute url provide IAbsoluteURL. It's still sitting a
sandbox on my disk, not working; the problem was that absolute url uses
itself recursively as a view on each parent object. I tried to make that
view lookup by interface, too, and for some reason, context information
got lost.

Anyhow, to make a long story short, please go ahead and add a 2nd zcml
directive registering it as a view providing.

Thanks,

Philipp