[Zope3-dev] Re: Subversion repository layout

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Apr 27 05:56:08 EDT 2004

Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 03:38:09PM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
>
> [...]
> | Alternatively, we could have a top-level trunk directory:

> | Thoughts?
>
> Have you already decided how you are going to manage the database on
> the backend?

Yes.

> One option is to use one svn database for all of the projects.  The
> disadvantage is that all projects will then share the same global
> revision number.
>
 > Alternatively there could be one svn database per project and thus
 > each project will have its own revision number sequence.

All of the projects will be in one repository/database.

Why?

- It makes sharing between related projects easier.
   See my note over the weekend subject "Change in repository
   approach to software sharing"

- Simpler repository management

- Revisiion numbers aren't al that meaningful anyway.

> This decision and the layout decision affect each other.

Somewhat.  The layout most commonly used in the book
works better for project-pre-repository approaches.