[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] CVS: Zope3/src/zope - version.txt:NONE

Fred Drake fred at zope.com
Thu Apr 29 15:44:01 EDT 2004

On Thursday 29 April 2004 03:20 pm, Stephan Richter wrote:
 > I think you might have broken the process management with this. Please
 > check.

You'll have to explain this a bit better.  What do you think might have
broken?  No tests failed, and Zope appears to have started up properly.

 > Let's not be that wild about removing stuff from the repository; at least
 > make a warning on the mailing list.

I don't think this is wild.  If the information needs to be retrieved at run
time, there needs to be two things:

- a test that makes sure it can get the information, and

- a better place for it than this.

The "zope" package is the wrong place to store the version number of the
application server; *if* that must exist, it should at the very least be in
the "zope.app" package, and should probably be controllable from outside the
package as well (since we envision alternate Zope 3 distributions as a very
real possibility).

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>