[Zope3-dev] Developers Book

Vinj Vinj vinjvinj at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 14 15:50:53 EDT 2004

I'm in the process of installing zope and building a
demo application so have patience with me. Following
the installation instructions in cookbook:

1. reading the instructions it was not clear where I
would zoperun on windows. I did a search on the
Python23 directory and found that there were tow
copies one in skel and one in zopeskel. Does it make
sense to have these in the root python23 directory?
What is the difference between skel and zopeskel.

2. A lot of the files had an extra .in added to them
which I had to remove. For instance runzope was
runzope.in

3. After running runzope I get the following error:
C:\Python23\skel\bin>runzope
Error: no values for section type 'accesslog'; 1
required
For help, use C:\Python23\skel\bin\runzope.py -h

4. I tried to do a svn on the wiki project but got the
following error:
C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\zope\app>svn co
svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/Zope3/branches/ZopeX3-3.0/src/zope/app/wiki
wiki
svn: URL
'svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/Zope3/branches/ZopeX3-3.0/src/zope/app/wiki'
doesn't exist

5. I then added the steps listed in installing from
svn (even though I sintalled the binary version):

  <principal
    id="zope.userid" title="User Name Title"
    login="vinjvinj" password="vinjvinj"
    />

  <grant role="zope.Manager" principal="zope.userid"
/>
  <grant role="zope.Manager" principal="zope.anybody"
/>

that did not fix the errors in 3.

6. I could not find makezope anywhere under the
python23 direcotry.

Thanks for your help,