[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 Developer's Book 1.0 beta 1

Andrew Veitch andrew at logicalprogression.net
Sat Aug 28 11:51:32 EDT 2004

Stephan -

I've just been working my way through the book over the last couple of
days. I'm pretty experienced with Zope 2 and Python but new to Zope 3.

So far there's been a few things that've thrown me.

Chapter 6 talks about pyskel.py in a utilities directory - this isn't
included in the standard Zope X3 tarball but is only available if you
check it out through SVN. I don't know if this is a problem with the
book or a problem with Zope X3 packaging. It probably would be useful
to include it in the standard install as not everyone has easy access
to subversion.

Chapter 13 mentions a ZOPE3/src directory in the Zope 3 root. Again, I
don't have this. I think it should be lib/python?

I'll send you other minor typos off list.

Thanks for a very helpful book.

Andrew