[Zope3-dev] Exception Handling in ZopePublication

Eckart Hertzler hertzler.eckart at guj.de
Mon Aug 30 05:09:09 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a question about the exception handling
of ZopePublication.

I have a custom exception view for the Unauthorized exception, that needs to
know in which object the Exception was raised.

The intended behaviour seems to be to provide this information as the location
of the exception during execution of handleException.

At least that is how I interpret this comment:
[snip]
                # We need to get a location, because some template content of
                # the exception view might require one.
[snip]

But if an Unauthorized exception is raised during traversal, the location will
always be the root folder (or the value returned from the call to
getApplication), which is not very interesting in my case.

Wouldn't it be better if something like request._last_obj_traversed is used ?

Regards,

Eckart

Wou