[Zope3-dev] Moving more stuff to zope.products

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Feb 4 21:40:50 EST 2004

Anthony Baxter wrote:
> My theory on this was that anything that's needed for Z3 to actually
> boot up shouldn't be in zope.products. I'd like to see that anything
> in zope.products _could_ be dropped without ill-effect. Philipp
> pointed out that under this scheme, zope.products.securitypolicy
> should be in zope.app.

Just because something is in zope.products doesn't mean it's
not going to be in distributions and available for booting.

We need *some* security policy to boot up, but not necessarily
the current one.

Zope will need certain facilities, but these will often be pluggable.

I think that Casey put this very well in his note.