[Zope3-dev] Re: What don't file-system-based developers need

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Feb 11 07:40:02 EST 2004

Jim Fulton wrote:

> If we decode that the next release is for file-system-based developers,

Who encoded it? ;)

> I wonder what they need.  I'm particularly interested in getting input
> from folks who've already been creating production applications with
> Zope 3.
>
> Do file-system-based developers need:
>
> - Database adapters (SQL database connections)?

Yes. People are using them already (even in production).

> - SQL scripts?

If you're referring to the content objects, then I wouldn't need them.
But that's probably I dislike their concept anyway (as much as I dislike
ZPT Page and DTML Page).

> - Catalogs?

I dislike the Catalog as a content object. Has that changed now? I
remember seeing a checkin of some sort. I'd be glad if it is a local
utility now.

> - Workflow?

Yes.

> - Caches?