[Zope3-dev] widget question: propertyNames/getValue

Fred Drake fred at zope.com
Thu Feb 12 17:45:23 EST 2004

On Thursday 12 February 2004 05:40 pm, Gary Poster wrote:
 > I'd really like a schema of the configurables, though, because then we
 > could make zcml do one of those "if I don't know the attribute I'll try
 > to see if the widget class's schema knows about it, and use it to cast
 > the zcml value" tricks.  You know, one of those.  :-)  So we could have
 > <addform ...>
 >    <widget class=".widgets.DatePicker" format="%Y-%m-%d" />
 > </addform>

That would be really nice.

Since the current propertyNames/getValue mess doesn't help with that, Garret
can go ahead and rip out that cruft, and you can write the schema and ZCML
magic.  ;-)

I think these are still two independent tasks.  Both should be done, but
cleaning out the cruft we don't like shouldn't be held up waiting for the
new feature.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>