AW: [Zope3-dev] Re: Separate presentation packages

Roger ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Tue Feb 17 04:13:00 EST 2004

Garret wrote:
> I'd like to see modular functionality (hand waving) organized
> as follows:
>
>    modfoo
>    --------------------
>    modfoo/interfaces.py
I agree, it's clear what's inside the file

>    modfoo/modfoo.py or modfoo/_modfoo.py
I agree, give meaningful filenames inside a packeage and
     the "_" can be used for to show that from this file
     should not import directly.

>    modfoo/__init__.py + imports of modfoo.py/_modfoo.py (optional)
I agree, support a clear api and give us meaningful and short imports

>    modfoo/browser.py or modfoo/browser/ depending on UI complexity
I agree, separates UI stuff and can be used for modfoo/otherprotocol
I think browser is OK for the http protocol.

>    modfoo/*.py (other implementation modules)

I agree, this is what we used to do in the last couple month in zope3
and that was not bad to me.

I have nothing against other ideas, its just important to use a clear
concept which is easy to communicate to other people.

For me is more important to fix a concept who all can live with and
and make shure everybody is working with. This give use more clear
structure and it's easier to browse the code.

>   -- Garrett

Regards
Roger Ineichen