[Zope3-dev] Re: Packaging pre-proposal/notes

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Tue Feb 17 13:51:39 EST 2004

Stephan Richter wrote:

>Well, this is *not* what we have right now. We have
>
>folder
>browser/folder
>interfaces/folder
>
>and I suggest to go back to
>
>folder
>folder/browser
>folder/interfaces (if the interfaces are fairly locally applicable)
>
>Also, what I am saying is that the new solutions we are thinking of are in my
>opinion so bad, that this solution looks attractive again.

Also note that I understand this proposal to include more than just
small packages like folder. I could in theory create a fairly large
package for XML that is structured like this:

zopexml
zopexml/browser
zopexml/interfaces

with quite extensive submodules in browser and interfaces.

Alternatively I can have a very small package foo, where it looks like this:

foo/foo.py
foo/browser.py
foo/interfaces.py

This is similar to what we have now after we finish refactoring and
flattening stuff out. :)

Regards,

Martijn