[Zope3-dev] Re: Packaging pre-proposal/notes

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Feb 18 09:59:23 EST 2004

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 11:45, Jim Fulton wrote:
> >> <disable>
> >>  <include package="folder.browser" />
> >> </disable>
> >> <include package="srichter.folder.browser" />
> >>
> >> In my opinion this is much more sane than anything that we have
> >> discussed concerning this branch of the debate.
> >>

> > +1
> >
> > This looks like a good idea.
>
> Yup. In fact, it was proposed some time ago:
>
>    http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/ZCMLEnhancements
>
> It's on the todo list, although probably after X3.0.

If we go this route for package distribution and replacement of default
configuration, I think this one just went to the top of the priority
list. :-) Would it be really this hard to do? When disabling, you simply go
through the actions created by the include and remove them from the action
list. So you subtract instead of adding.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter