[Zope3-dev] Re: More thoughts on packaging

Fred Drake fred at zope.com
Wed Feb 18 12:09:53 EST 2004

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 10:26 am, Stephan Richter wrote:
 > +1. I think we could use ZConfig for example; people know  the format
 > and it was exactely developed for stuff like this.

For a Zope-specific solution, we could use ZConfig as input for a
setup.py-generator, and that would be cool.

This would not be a general solution, since ZConfig is not part of the
Python standard library, and the setup.py can't use it because of the
bootstrap issue.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>