[Zope3-dev] Re: Change focus of sprints

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri Feb 20 04:41:31 EST 2004

Jim Fulton wrote:
> BTW, I continue to evolve the tutorial.  I've recently combined the
> separate tutorial chapters and then split the steps up into separate
> files. I've also added notes to the slides, to make them a bit more
> self sufficient.  It may still not be possible for some or many people
> to use the slides by themselves. <shrug>  New pdfs for the tutorial
> can be found at:
>
>   http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/ProgrammerTutorial
>
> I'm having problems with Open Office that are preventing me from
> checking in updates sources. Sigh.

I just checked out Step 7 of the tutorial and it still uses CustomWidget
instead of CustomWidgetFactory. I'd update the slides myself, but since
they're not checked in, I thought I'd better let you know.

> So, for sprints, I'd like to shift the focus to "system" or "core"
> development, at least for the sprints that I lead.  I'd like to
> host some sprints that tackle deeper projects and that are attended
> only by Zope 3 (or advanced Zope 2) development veterans.  These sprints
> will *not* include tutorial presentations.

+1

When are the next sprints taking place? SprintSchedule doesn't say
anything. For me, only sprints on European soil are of interest; will
there be a EuroPython sprint?

Philipp