[Zope3-dev] Re: More thoughts on packaging

Andreas Jung andreas at andreas-jung.com
Fri Feb 20 05:37:52 EST 2004

--On Freitag, 20. Februar 2004 11:19 Uhr +0100 Philipp von Weitershausen
<philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:

> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>>> I find more and more people who are increasingly sceptical of ZCML,
>>> mostly because it's XML. They would really prefer a simpler style.
>>
>> I don't think this is increasing; people have been railing against the
>> evil XML-ish ZCML from the start.
>
> Yes, but I talk to more and more Zope2 veterans about Zope3 and ZCML and
> they are quite sceptical. Thus, the amount of ZCML scepticism is
> increasing proportionally to the number of people learning about Zope3 :)

Talking as a Z2 veteran: I agree with Philipp. Reading and writing ZCML is
not
very much convinient. Computers are designed to read and write XML
but not humans. ZCML is too verbose and it is hard get see at one glance
what's inside a configuration file..it's too verbose.

-aj