[Zope3-dev] Re: Re: More thoughts on packaging

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 20 08:56:47 EST 2004

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Those people who don't like ZCML because it's too verbose can design their
> own better 'compact' syntax and convert to ZCML from that. I'd be very
> curious to see those efforts and may even participate. Those who don't
> like ZCML as it's not Python..well, they'll have to change their minds. :)

YAML?

http://yaml.org/spec/

Due to information model differences (http://yaml.org/spec/#id2489434),
YAML would probably most directly translate to the results of parsed ZCML,
rather than XML-format ZCML source. YAML can also serve as an
alternative ZConfig syntax, easier to generate programmatically. And
as a metadata format for distutils improvements, etc. Massive potential in
a minimal syntax.