[Zope3-dev] Re: Re: More thoughts on packaging

Gary Poster gary at modernsongs.com
Fri Feb 20 09:57:06 EST 2004

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Friday 20 February 2004 08:56, Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:
>
>>YAML?
>>
>>http://yaml.org/spec/
>

> I looked through some examples and I most say it looks very cryptic, so
> perlish. I doubt Python programmers like that syntax. I would stay with ZCML.

Hm.  I did the same and I liked it.  The bang is maybe a little
off-putting but "< / >" etc. are arguably worse.  YAML might be a winner.

My open-mindedness established as bona fides ;-), I'll now agree with
Stephan that exploring YAML, ZConfig, and so on for the setup feels like
a post-X3.0 task to me.  But one worth keeping in mind.

Gary