[Zope3-dev] ZCML

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Feb 20 11:07:33 EST 2004

I just want to point out that any discussion of switching from
ZCML is pointless.  We aren't moving away from it any time soon,
if ever.

If anyone is serious about championing something else, they
need to create a working protype of Zope 3 that uses
the alternative syntax.  As Stephan pointed out, the ZCML
architecture should make it pretty easy to do an alternative
syntax.  If such a prototype existed and *worked*, then we could
look at it and see if it's really any better.

But, please don't waste effort on this before X3.0. There's
important work that has to be done before then and we need
all the constructive help we can get.