[Zope3-dev] ZODB 3.3 coming to Zope 3

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sat Feb 21 06:09:20 EST 2004

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Fred Drake wrote:
>
>> We're about to land the changes to Zope 3 so that it uses ZODB 3.3
>> instead of the abandoned ZODB 4.  We hope to make this change in CVS
>> tomorrow morning.
>>
>> After the changes have been made in CVS, we'll send a note to this
>> list letting everyone know we're done.
>

> The changes to make Zope 3 use ZODB 3 have been checked in.
>
> We currently have both ZODB abd zodb packages, which will
> break windows checkouts.  We are going to fix this by getting rid
> of the zodb package. We'll send another note to let everyone know
> when this is done.
>
> If you have any code that imports from zodb, you will need to change
> it to import from ZODB instead.

I've just removed the last of the zodb files.  You should to
a cvs up with -P to remove this directory from your checkout. Tommorow,
I'll  actually remove the directory from the CVS repository to eliminate
the conflict on Windows.  If you have the directory in your checkout
after I remove the directory from the repository, you'll get an
error when you do an update. (You will be able to get around this
error by removing the directory from the checkout manually.)