[Zope3-dev] Package restructuring: zope.app.content

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Feb 24 12:12:42 EST 2004

Hello all,

I just merged philikon-movecontent-branch to HEAD. All content types are
now in their own packages below zope.app, together with their interfaces
and browser views. zope.app.content has been reduced to a simple module now.

Your Zope instance should continue to work normally, thanks to
modulealiases. These will later be removed once we have a conversion
script for the ZODB. Since we'll be moving more stuff around, we will
rely on modulealiases for now.

Note that the PythonPage content object has moved to zope.app, too. So
in case you're including it in your products.zcml, you can remove that
line safely (you need to remove it to make Zope3 startup ;)).

Don't get lost in our new package structure... Oh wait, that was the old
one that was so labyrinthy... :) Note that this is just the start.
There's a lot more to move around...

Best regards,

Philipp