[Zope3-dev] dependency checking tool

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Wed Feb 25 11:52:22 EST 2004

Hi there,

I see that Stephan checked in a tool that helps with checking
dependencies. I would like to point him to import checker:

http://cvs.infrae.com/tools/importchecker/

which while aimed to find unused imports contains much code that could
be useful for a general dependency analysis tool.

It uses the compiler module to find import statements, can find
references to imported stuff in the rest of the Python code, keeps a
database of import statements,  knows how to handle relative imports, etc.

It should be especially easy to fix 'getDependenciesOfPythonFile' to do
something better.

I should really do a new release of this anyway. :)

Regards,

Martijn